Tuesday 1 November 2011

Office androgyny

Since Diane Keaton donned a shirt, tie and waistcoat in Annie Hall, the androgyny trend has regularly graced the catwalk every few seasons. As 5ft 9 girl I often go for mens clothes as their long lines suit my figure much better than a lot of women's styles but I don't see that as a nod to androgyny as much a nod to practically.

However, a look i always feel embraces this trend is the shirt buttoned to the top look. I jumped on this bandwagon for my weekend wardrobe along with the rest of the country however it still feels rather 'trendy' for an office in the Midlands. 


But today I decided I would take a stand against the girly shirt brigade and have teamed this sleeveless H&M shirt with a primark round neck jumper and some cigarette trousers from Asos. I have been a fan of the cigarette pant since Carrie Bradshaw teamed said trousers with a blazer and Mickey Mouse tee. In true Carrie style i feel a pair of killer heels perfectly compliments a more masculine look - faux suede platforms, Primark...x Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment