Wednesday 20 June 2012

The 6 month itch



The sixth month mark has now passed so i definitely feel like i'm on the home straight. Pink bump is still managing to fit into some regular clothes which is a delicious blessing. I totally love all the paper bag waist maxi skirts that are floating around the high street at the moment, from Zara to Primark, but thought they were beyond the bump.  Now, thanks to New Look, i have managed to sneak this trend into my maternity wardrobe. I had some vouchers from a maternity project i did for them and got this layered Voile Maxi Skirt which they had in their Tall section too. I am 5ft 8 and this is a super long skirt so popped over the bump but was still an ample length to remain maxi. I've just noticed they do it in orange too so may have to snap that up. Teamed with a silky white jersey back shell top also from New Look. I found an old skinny belt that i think came with a Topshop pair of trousers i bought ages ago, got to love those little extras.

I'm still undecided about the maxi/heel mix so went for some vintage low heels i got from an awesome place in Nottingham called the Vintage Warehouse and thanks to the cobbler husband, got them looking decent again. I wore some new wedges yesterday which have left my feet a little sore but this morning followed the advice of girl crush Olivia Palermo who in her last blog post suggested deodorant on the feet to stop the dreaded blister.  So after a little TLC with some Sure roll on, i was away and i've got to say it's working so far, even up against swollen pregnancy feet. Not only does she wear Topshop and River Island, she also delivers us from blister evil. Love, love, love her...x Talia

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute little read.
    I wish you every best with your pregnancy and hope the little un' arrives without any hitch when the time comes! :)

    - Maria xo
    www.vitadimoda.com

    ReplyDelete