Friday 29 June 2012

The Palermo affect

 
The fact i can still fit into my regular clothes makes me very happy. I'm not a huge fan of the clingy body-con anyway so do tend to size up and that has certainly proved a good move now i'm bun cooking. This Topshop chiffon dress was a wardrobe favourite last summer, when i had a waist to cinch, particularly after the style crush du lifetime Olivia.P was spotted in the yellow version. So now to this summer and i no longer have a waist so i've converted a cinched waist to an empire line and hey presto - maternity midi.

I wore this out for dinner with friends and thanks to the delicious summer we're having (insert sarcastic face here), i felt the need to tone down the summer pastels with my Zara leather jacket and Black Topshop elasticated shoes. Cinching my non waist is an eBay China export studded double wrap belt which is horrible quality and has an accessory lifespan of around 15 wears at an absolute maximum. It's done that thing where the coated pleather just cracks around the belt holes, not a happy eBayer. However it's my go-to rock belt so i was left with little alternative. As not to break the habit of a lifetime, i will grab the opportunity to wax lyrical about Zara. This Zara leather jacket I bought in Puerto Banus on a girly holiday is at least five years old and even though i've worn it to death, it's still a wardrobe favourite. Thanks to my oversized handbag on the elbow habit, the arms are now almost thread bear so i was beyond over the moon when i saw it in their new A/W collection and shall definitely be repurchasing. The shape is perfect for me and if it aint broke and all that...x Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment