Thursday 27 October 2011

Annual winter boot dilemma

And here we are again with the annual winter boot dilemma. I'm here every year and 2011 seems to be causing me more trouble than usual as I have now officially abandoned my Uggs. It's been a long emotional journey with the brand since my first pair in 2003 but i can no longer face the criticism from my husband (what exactly do men have against Uggs anyway?!) or the ever increasing/bordering on ridiculous price tag (they're made of sheepskin for Christ sake!). So in search of other options i go.


Due to the amount of time i spend reading the children's book Dear Zoo to my son, i am doing this post in a Dear Zoo style.


I wrote to the online shopping gods to send me some boots and they sent me...


...some vintage biker boots.


They were too bulky and a little last season so i sent them back.












So they sent me....


.... some vintage suede over the knee boots


But they started selling them in every shop in town, so i sent them back.














So they sent me...




...some flat Chelsea boots, but they were too unflattering so i sent them back.














So they thought long and hard and sent me a choice of four (t-b Topshop ambush boots in black and tan, River Island PU Chelsea boots in tan and black) and now i can't decide.


so my dilemma continues...


p.s. The actual Dear Zoo ends with the conclusion of a puppy (frog too jumpy, monkey too naughty, lion to fierce etc) but my version of Dear Zoo will have to be a 2-parter as i am not as easily pleased as the zoo's clientele...x Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment